Sunday, April 3, 2011

Monday's Child #40 - My Magic Bed

llustration by : Ethel Mars and Maud Hunt Squire


© Lisa N ~ 4/3/2011

Drifting off to sleep
I begin my nightly jaunt
My destination you may ask
To where ever it is I want

I climb upon my magic bed
And I quickly sail away
My bed is the boat I travel on
to forever and a day

Tonight I venture across the sea
towards the summer moons
I sail past forests full of trees
on clouds like macaroons

I climb up at the rail
Hoping for a better view
Instead the dream is over
Morning sun is shining through

10 comments:

  1. Awww...and hopefully now I can get a good nights sleep thinking of all these sleepy time tales! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous lullaby softness in the tone of this poem! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. on clouds like macaroons ... I loved it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it...

    smiles...
    you have divine imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very good...I like the clouds on macaroons part too - it made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And some nights are just too short, eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this prompt is bringing out the best in everyone...love it..the "clouds like macaroons"...what a line ...truly a great childhood poem...thank you for sharing...bkm

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too like those clouds..just enchanting!!

    ReplyDelete