Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Fill Ins - A Fictional Approach to These Prompts

Lover or Stalker - It's a Fine Line 

In the near darkness I find myself wondering where he is tonight.  Those words he spoke cut so deep when he said he didn't want to see me til further notice.  But this time I am sure it isn't what he "really" meant to say, things were different now.  When he spoke those words with poisoned lips, I focused not on the content but rather the form of he lips as they came out in the stream.   It's always nice to know that I understand him better then he understands himself.  I long for what he provides, wine and pleasant company.  And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to surely receiving his apology call, tomorrow my plans include driving by his place to make sure he is fine, Sunday, I want to start all over again!

5 comments:

  1. Great job once again. Is there a poem style that uses the bolded words to make another story within a story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! As a person who was stalked in college it does bring back a some unpleasant memories for me however. My vote is that the person in this piece is a stalker and not a lover. But that's just my take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yikes...i think i know her...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "til further notice," geez. Did he send it in triplicate?

    Hope you are well, and will enjoy wine with a nice guy -- there are TONS out there! Come to Austin, I'll introduce you! :) But seriously, I really will!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. And again, I LOVE your font, feels like dancing to read it.

    xo

    ReplyDelete