Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mona Lisa Smiles?


Looking at this famous work
I find myself a pondering
Is she really smiling
Or was her mind a wandering

She does not seem so happy
In fact I would say annoyed
As though she finds the painter
To be someone to avoid

I can almost hear her
Saying are we almost done
I have so many things to do
And honesty this is not fun

Yet demure she stays a sitting
Like all women of her time
Perhaps the closed lip smile
Because speaking was a crime

Posted at http://magpietales.blogspot.com/2011/03/mag-59.html

© Lisa N ~ 3/13/2011

10 comments:

  1. I thought women never knew how to keep silent? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was in the old days Cad. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goods and chattels. She does look like she's gone to a 'happy place'. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real possibility. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful thought on her.
    well done poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolss

    A very clever take- very real!
    Wonderfully written!

    Hugs xox

    ReplyDelete