Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W is for Wrapped Refrain - My Journey from A-Z

Complexity this journey held
For a challenge I felt compelled
Taking the easy way to me
A cop out that would surely be
While I often experienced perplexity
The chosen forms gave my blogging complexity

Astonishment abounded here
Often stymied by real fear
Kept on trudging diligently
In time became confidently
This journey found me writing with abandonment
My confidence growing strong with astonishment.

posted for http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/
© Lisa N ~ 4/27/2011

This form is called a Wrapped Refrain Poem. 2 or more stanzas
Meter: 8,8,8,8,12,12   Rhyming: aabbcc
In each stanza the first 4-syllable word in the first line
must be the last 4-syllable word in the last line.

2 comments:

  1. Working within a sturdy frame of rules can be a big blessing, hopefully, eventually, giving us the wisdom to know when to break them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with those words, nice! Stop in & read W is for Waffler

    ReplyDelete